Thursday, June 07, 2007

NEWS BULLETIN

CATHY PATRICK PASSES AWAY

THIS FROM DISTRICT 9 ARBA DIRECTOR ERIC STEWART ON THE DISTRICT 9 YAHOO BOARD:

"Good Morning All:It is with a heavy heart that I report Cathy Patrick passed away this morning at 3:30am. Cathy has been a great contributor to our fancy long before she was elected to office last year, and before she became a judge for that matter. I actually bought my first registered rabbit from her daughter Michelle many many years ago. Cathy absolutely LOVED judging rabbit shows, the time she spent traveling with Bill, and meeting ARBA members throughout the country. I know that Cathy fought harder than most people could imagine to overcome her illness, but she was also very much at peace with the possible outcome. Even through all of this, her concern was always for her family and friends...a telling commentary on her remarkable character. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I hear any other news. Please keep Bill and the family in your thoughts and prayers."

I hope Eric doesn't mind me reprinting his comments here. I don't think a better tribute could have been written. In my few encounters with Cathy as a rabbit photographer at local shows in Ohio she was always a great personality and very accomodating. The rabbit world have suffered a great loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home